Where is Dorothy McIlroy when we need her?

Marty

From: bounce-56022117-3494...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-56022117-3494...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher T.
Tessaglia-Hymes
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 2:26 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: RE:[cayugabirds-l] Fuertes Birds Sanctuary article

Thanks to Bill Hecht, I have placed his scan of said article here:
http://www.northeastbirding.com/FuertesSanctuary.jpg

After reading this article, it would appear that the "Swan Pen" is actually the
Fuertes Memorial Bird Sanctuary, (a.k.a. "Fuertes Sanctuary"?), following the
untimely death of Fuertes. The top listed name on the planning committee was
none other than Arthur A. Allen (founder of the Lab of Ornithology and close
friend of Fuertes's). This may suggest that the original "Fuertes Sanctuary"
was indeed originally located at the "Swan Pen" area at Stewart Park...but,
what about Renwick Sanctuary? What is the label on the cement archway at the
old SE entrance to Renwick? I'm wondering when that was created and, if labeled
Fuertes Sanctuary, why so? What happened to the Fuertes Memorial Bird Sanctuary
and the "seasonal museum" in the "old Cascadilla boat house" as described in
the article? Did that ever come to fruition? What about the "stone masonry
piers (sic) with Fuertes Memorial bronze tablets on East" that were to be
positioned immediately SE of the "Swan Pen" at Stewart Park (are they still
there?)?

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer