This morning, after a stop at Agway, I decided to bird the Renwick Wildwood
Sanctuary (located South of/adjacent to Stewart Park in the City of Ithaca), in
hopes of locating the Yellow-throated Warbler seen there for the past week.
Despite my efforts, I did not encounter any Yellow-throated Warbler. I was
rewarded, though, with the male CERULEAN WARBLER singing actively up the East
pathway from the SE corner, North of the Renwick Wildwood Sanctuary archway
about 150'. Also, on the way in, about 50' North of the archway was a single
beautiful male BAY-BREASTED WARBLER singing louder than I recall them typically
doing. This bird was actively foraging and singing. I also found a BLUE-GRAY
GNATCATCHER nest that is easily viewable from the boardwalk at the NW corner of
Renwick. This is located in a small tree only about 15' off from the curve in
the boardwalk and about 40' up. A little patience will reveal these birds
taking turns at the nest.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer