Mark:
> Before meeting the group, I spent 45 minutes birding alone on the west side
> of the preserve, near the West Danby fire station.  The surpassing highlight
> here was an active GREAT BLUE HERON nest above the pond, which the Land Trust
> owns, next to the fire house.

After the walk a few of us drove over to check out this nest, and found a
second GBH nest three trees to its left, within a foliaged tree. In the scope I
could make out at least three chicks in that one.

Some highlights of the walk with Bob after Mark left were: a cuckoo flying a
circle around us (yellow-billed, we think); looks at a black-and-white warbler
picking up nesting material and flying to a possible nest site; hooded warblers
countersinging at Celia's cup, one seen by a few; and good looks at alder
flycatcher and eastern wood-pewee, the latter which seemed to sing the "weeeee"
part with its mouth closed (but throat vibrating).

Thanks, Mark, for a great walk, and for pointing us to the GBH nest.

Suan