Hi all,

I just heard a YELLOW-BILLED CI|UCKOO high over my house at 10:50 this evening
-- giving the long "K'OW K'OW" call series.

thanks for all the info and anecdotes on mid-summer calling in cuckoos, I am
aware of the odd mid-summer calling and I have heard (mostly BBCU} on warm
summer nights. I also hear a scattering of calls from both cuckoos, along with
few thrushes and other migrants) consistently through the first week of June.
The birds I heard were high in the sky and appeared to be moving (but it is
certainly possible that I m wrong.

KEN.

Ken Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program