Here, in the Binghamton area (specifically Endicott) we've seen Ravens this year on a semi-regular basis, which has never happened before in my awareness. I was wondering the same thing, myself. Are they becoming more common around here?! We've also seen some in our short travels, which also seems to be more frequent.

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "John and Sue Gregoire" <k...@empacc.net>
To: "cayugabirds-l" <cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:41 AM
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Common Ravens

I just heard a Raven gronking as it flew by. I've noticed that occasionally someone
will post a sighting and it has me wondering. Just how common ARE they?

We see or hear them every day, and think that there is a nest within a mile or so to our east. Most of the time we see them they are traversing an east/west corridor, seemingly using our road as a flight lane. The young must have fledged as we are now
seeing a group of three.

We've always sort of assumed because we see them every day, that they are becoming
more common, but maybe not? How often do people see or hear them?

Sue

--
John and Sue Gregoire
Field Ornithologists