I spent the day Monday showing a friend from the City around the lake. At one point I gave up on keeping notes and so cannot give a full account of the day's birding. I do, however, remember a few highlights.

Salt Point: a single Blue-gray Gnatcatcher foraging with the Cedar waxwings and Warbling Vireos near the stream.

Mud Lock: a pair of Greater Scaup (he resting, she swimming about)

Tschache Pool: still a few Black Terns in the distance. No ducks other than Mallards. No sign of any pelican.

Knox-Marsellus: a single Wilson's Phalarope seen from the road about 200' south of the overlook. The bird appeared to be a female, in transition to non-breeding plumage (some patterning still on back: gray/dk brown, face entirely white, top of head and back of neck light gray). Also, there were roughly 20 Dowitchers, but the distance was too great for me to venture an ID of Long-billed for any of them. No sign of any Sanderlings or Sandhill Cranes. Otherwise, many Yellowlegs, Least and Semipalmated Sandpipers.

Muckrace Flats: both Yellowlegs and at least 2 Pectoral Sandpipers.

Morgan Road: We checked in with Jim Eckler. He reported that a group of 4 Sandhill Cranes had recently flown over heading south. He assumed that they were the group that had been hanging out around the Reccio (sp?) Marsh recently.

Bob McGuire