Yesterday evening, I unexpectedly found a nest of Cedar Waxwings near my
mailbox. There were 3 babies being fed by both parents. I watched a few
feedings and found it especially cute when one of the chicks lifted up its tail
to reveal the yellow-orange stripe on the edge. After a few feeding trips, mom
settled down on the chicks and brooded them; I guessed they were done for the
night, so I left.

Enlivened by that, I walked a little further down the railroad tracks by
Cargill and saw 2 Yellow Warblers, a female Kingfisher, 1 Yellow-rumped
Warbler, and a handful of Robins which were feasting on ripe cherries in a
Black Cherry tree. Those are the highlights, but complete checklist is
here<http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S11420337>.

Robyn Bailey
Lansing