Thanks to the Finger Lakes Land Trust, we now have a new place to go
birding on the west side of Cayuga Lake, in the town of Romulus, just south
of Poplar Beach.  Here's a notice about the dedication. I hope some of you
can make it, but if not, then you must go birding at this beautiful spot
some other time.
Betsy
The Finger Lakes Land Trust is pleased to invite the public to the
dedication of its latest acquisition – the VanRiper Conservation Area in
the Town of Romulus, Seneca County.  Located on the western shore of Cayuga
Lake,  this property features undeveloped wooded shoreline as well as a
rugged gorge adjacent to the Land Trust’s Whitlock Nature Preserve.
Together, these two properties encompass 83 acres on both sides of State
Route 89 and 1,900 feet of Cayuga Lake Shoreline.  A dedication ceremony
will be followed by a brief tour this Saturday, September 22nd at 11 am.
Refreshments will be served.  The preserve entrance is located on the east
side of State Route 89, 23 miles north of the Hangar Theater and 2 miles
north of Thirsty Owl Vineyards.  If you plan on attending, please rsvp to
ab...@fllt.org.  If you’re unable to attend the dedication, you may also
visit the conservation area and adjacent preserve any time during daylight
hours.