The reported numbers look very low for the last three years in areas in
NYS. For example, in the last three summer in the Adirondack's (ADK), there's
been a turkey population "explosion," where they are now as common as deer
are in the Cayuga Basin. I saw flocks of up to 39 per sighting, daily if
not near-hourly, during the summer-fall in the High Peaks. I wish I had
known about the survey. Thanks.
Candace Cornell