Greetings Cayugabirders,

This is a sentimental post for a large farm Mallard that was furtively released
on the main pond at Sapsucker Woods back in the 1990s, when I was formally
associate with the Lab of O.... when it was lodged in the old building with a
staff of 50 or so. There were a few mallards that lived on the pond year-round
and one was larger, a domestic hybrid of some sort. I realize “Mongo” has
likely long ago passed to humus, but I wonder if anyone has recollections of
this fine individual and if there is any knowledge of his fate?

Bill E