I was able to stop in the empty taxi and get a binocular view of this unique TURKEY VULTURE with white outer half of left wing except for a small normal patch on the wrist as seen from below. It even had the single outermost *right* primary white, as Chris Pelkie noted in his photo from last year. I did not actually see the bird take off from a perch in the trees along Spruce Lane, located just north of Community Corners on the west side of North Triphammer Road, but it and a normal Turkey Vulture were in flapping flight initially at tree-top level and gaining altitude, and I saw at least 2 other large dark birds perched high in the big conifers at the corner of Spruce & North Triphammer. The perched birds were gone later in the day.

I checked out other Turkey Vultures today but did not re-find the white winged bird. Among a group of at least 7 Turkey Vultures over North Campus as seen from Pleasant Grove Road at 1207pm was an adult BALD EAGLE.

In unrelated news, there was a flock of 12 GADWALLS in a tight group well offshore at Stewart Park today. They were not apparent during my initial visit, but were there later on.  I didn't note those observation times.
--Dave Nutter