I went outside at noon and noticed a couple hundred Snow Geese flying north over Ithaca's West End from my yard, then a couple hundred again a few minutes later. I'm not sure if they are circling around or different birds. There are some Canada Geese in the air, too, and a bit aimless. They are similarly not high enough to be migrating but not decisively stopping either. I wonder if hunting has started on the lake. Grazing and grubbing are a rough go today.
--Dave Nutter