My neighborhood Cooper's Hawk finally showed up at the feeders.  I had watched
it out back about 100' from the house.  It sat for a long time watching the
birds that were flying overhead.  I ate my breakfast and looked out  and it was
 gone.  I checked out front, and there it was sitting in my weeping pine right
by the front porch.  It was very cooperative and let me take many images.  I
started out my new 2013 gallery with its picture.
http://www.pbase.com/carol_keeler_photo/picture_a_day_2013

After that I didn't have as many birds as usual, which I kind of expected.  No
mob scene today either.  I did spot it out back today, but it didn't come in to
the feeders.  I have a few Redpolls today, but not the horde from pre-Cooper.
It didn't catch anything, by the way.  All the birds had fled.  I had a record
Mourning Dove number of 22 today all sitting in a weeping beech.

Carol Keeler