On Thursday I sort of joined the club, even though I can't claim big flocks are coming to my feeders, and I don't worry about what they consume. When I went out for a walk that afternoon the first bird I saw fly up from the ground behind my next door neighbor's house turned out to be a COMMON REDPOLL. According to the list on our fridge it was a new species for my yard ever. I can't compete with my neighbors' bird feeding operation, and even though it is a challenge to see from my yard, I get a good deal of enjoyment from it.