Today during taxi breaks I managed to visit Stewart Park & East Shore Park several times. I missed the Peregrine. Early in the morning there was a GREAT BLUE HERON in the bit of stream which flows through the lagoon, but it flushed when I stopped to look at it, which surprised me. An adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL swam with other gulls not far off the lakeshore ice early in the morning but was not relocated by me on later visits. West of the red lighthouse jetty I saw 2 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS perched on branches of logs in the water. From East Shore Park I saw 4 COMMON LOONS and one HORNED GREBE. The latter was visible also from Stewart Park, as was a RED-NECKED GREBE. Last sighting of note was GARY KOHLENBERG - I hope you had more luck with gulls!
--Dave Nutter