The vortex of TURKEY VULTUREs was centered again on the stand of pines just
east of Asbury Cemetery. At around 330pm (Sun), I walked the dog and just stood
below marveling at the grace of these birds. I figured the size of the group
today was so much bigger that it was hopeless to count them, but after watching
them whirl and swirl in large and small eddies, at one point the whole group
seemed to take on a distinct direction. So using a convenient straight maple in
front of me as a 'meter', I was able to tally them as they crossed this visual
line. Before they started circling back and messing up my count, I had 52.

This was naked eye, so i came back out with binocs but try as I might, I could
not make any of them into a Black Vulture.

ChrisP