Hi All,
I went to Summer Hill in hopes of seeing Evening Grosbeaks, but no luck.  I
turned onto Dresser Road from Salt Road. (Dave Nutter and I saw a deer
carcass there a week ago.) When I drove by it, the deer looked pretty well
picked clean. There were no birds around. Hmmm.  I drove down the road a
little ways, turned around, and parked far enough away from the carcass,
but close enough to have a good view of it. I could hear little chip sounds
but couldn't see any birds. For some reason, I looked on the other side of
the road just in time to see a large grey bird flying away from me. I think
it had been perched across from my car. I watched it until it disappeared
in the trees - NORTHERN GOSHAWK!
Good birding, Ann