While finishing my morning coffee in the comfort of my warm kitchen facing
Cayuga Lake, I was treated to a majestic landing of a mature BALD EAGLE on a
large branch of the big Cottonwood tree on my beach! After sitting a few
minutes, it dropped down to the beach and apparently caught a rodent or some
other dark-colored prey and swooped up again to land in the dead White Oak tree
nearby.

It ate the critter, then cleaned its beak on the tree limb and later soared
around over the lake a few times and came back to the Cottonwood, where it is
still perched, looking out at the lake!
I hope it comes back for the Great Backyard Bird Count.

Donna Scott

Donna L. Scott
535 Lansing Station Road
Lansing, NY 14882