>From home, this morning, the day looked favorable for a possible early eagle
sighting.  Fairly clear, light breeze from the south.  I started observation
at Mt. Pleasant with the intention of doing 2-3 hours.  I forgot my heavy
coat, however, and the wind up there was singing, literally.  So I decided
to try to hold out for an hour.  Two HORNED LARKS were also singing, and
about 18 SNOW BUNTINGS flew by going south.  A local RED-TAILED HAWK soared
about, and 12 AMER. CROWS moved here and there. After 55 minutes, I was
dreaming of hot tea and soup, when a large, dark bird appeared to the SW.
Even with a vibrating scope, I got good looks at an adult GOLDEN EAGLE as it
moved to the NE.  I was so excited that tears were almost running down my
leg.  A few minutes after the first eagle passed, a second GOLDEN EAGLE came
out of the SW, on the same line as the first, and soared in the same
direction.  Prevailing wind was from the south to SSE.

Steve Fast

Brooktondale