Hi Cayugabirders,

I know it's early in the season yet but the cardinal, tufted titmouse, and
mourning dove singing/calling outside in my yard are reminders that I'd like to
ask for your collective help.

I'm embarking on yet another major photography project this year, this time one
about the nesting cycles of a selection of familiar and backyard birds. I'm
looking to photograph a number of behaviors that will be challenging, but I
also need to get images of nests with eggs/hatchlings etc.

The first activity may actually start happening soon: the elaborate group
displays of Blue Jays. So if anyone starts seeing these on a regular basis
somewhere nearby, please let me know.

Also, Red-tailed Hawk aerial courtship activities (the pair swoop at each
other, locking talons etc). If anyone notices this happening, please let me
know.

Somewhat easier things I need are nesting WHite-breasted Nuthatch (nestbox or
natural; cavity).

And the following in nestboxes that are openable (especially from the top) and
into which you don't mind me sticking my camera to photograph nests with eggs
and young: Black-capped Chickadee, White-breasted Nuthatch, House Wren, Tufted
Titmouse.

Thanks very much for any tips.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

***NEW***  Music of the Birds Vol 1 ebook for Apple iPad now available from
iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/music-of-the-birds-v1/id529347014?mt=11