Today Becky & I saw a lone SNOW GOOSE on Van Cleef today along with a few
mallards & gulls. Fresh blood was evident, running from near the base of the
head down to the wings. We assumed it had been shot by a hunter & made it to
the lake. It seemed to be alert but not swimming away from the company of the
mallards.

Besides a GREAT BLUE HERON flying overhead, we also saw the EAGLE on the new
nest at Mud Lock. The "OPEN" flag was out at the visitor's center at the refuge
but we didn't have time to stop.

Fritzie