Has anyone been hearing/seeing woodcocks in the past few days?

Back at the beginning of March we had several here on Whitted Rd (Snyder Hill). And in years past we have had up to seven in our and neighboring fields. I went out last night around 8 pm to survey and could not find a one. It was relatively mild and I did hear an occasional peeper. It doesn't seem reasonable that they would have taken a step back south. Are this year's numbers down? Does anyone have any idea?

Bob McGuire