Our group had similar sightings to Bob's (sans grebes), plus: foraging
mockingbird at Myers; from the bluffs approaching Aurora from Long Point,
tree+barn+NRW swallows, a goldeneye couple, and a large
nearly-all-white-looking Glaucous gull first found sleeping by Dave Nutter,
later flushed into flight with the other gulls whence its whiteness and large
size became apparent; at the visitor center Turkey vultures perched and sunning
their wings momentarily; at Knox-Marcellus seven juvenile bald eagles in the
sky at one point, and a great blue heron with a very large fish; fly-by wood
ducks along Savannah Springs Road; and at Morgan Road in the twilight with
Meena's group, bluebirds and kestrel and sandhill cranes but no short-eared owl.

I asked the student to guess what the white patches south of the potatoes
building were before we pulled over to scope out the fine decoy display -
looked like a photograph (there was no wind to activate the motion Kevin
mentioned).

We did end up checking out the great gully creek bald eagle nest from the
pulloff with the "Indian mounds" and "Cayuga castle" historical markers I'd
always thought I should check out some time but never had. Though far we could
make out and adult eagle in the nest.

Suan