Tilden and I went to the Wilson Trail North in Sapsucker Woods on Sunday,
hoping to find migrants seeking shelter from the wind.  After much patient
effort, we saw three FOX SPARROWS making short dashes across the trail.
Listening for a rising call note helped us to locate these birds.  We also
found three RUSTY BLACKBIRDS (2 M, 1 F) perching together and one TREE
SWALLOW prospecting nest boxes.

Then on the way home, we saw a wind-driven MERLIN slashing across the sky
above Warren and Uptown Roads, heading northeast.  Maybe this was the same
bird that Meena and her group saw yesterday.

Mark Chao