Stewart Park was cold and rainy today late morning, as expected. Highlights
were two (and a possible third) COMMON TERNS moving around offering
occasional good looks and an adult RED-THROATED LOON straight out
(eventually moving towards the east shore), looking odd in almost full
winter plumage but with an all-dark bill. Not too many swallows around this
morning, but yesterday morning I had a single BANK SWALLOW in with a the
Tree-Barn-rough-winged flocks headed north from East Shore Park. I also met
Bob McGuire and he said he had a transitional FORSTER'S TERN at Myers this
morning that flew south, but we didn't come across it at Stewart while we
were there. The scaup flock off the east end continues to grow, but I
didn't pick out any other odd waterfowl.

--
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library