This is so very scientific!

More on Yesterday's Owls on Dodge Road RBA.

Yesterday I was dropping off a friend on Forest Home Road after the Concert and
on a whim, I decided to drive via Game Farm Road and Dodge Road to listen to
Woodcocks.

As soon as I pulled on Dodge Road from Stevenson Road past the bridge, I
stopped and switched off the light and listened.

Immediately, first, I heard hooo hooo's for some time. Then I heard the typical
tooting of Sawhets Owl a couple of times. There seemed to be two or may be
three owls. The first owl's vocalization I have never heard before. Often with
hooo's, I heard some long drawn scream like notes. First I recorded it on my
cell phone as I did not have my Sony recorder in my car. Then I realized I have
my video camera. So fished it out and recorded some of it on my video camera. I
am yet to upload it to my computer. Also it was far away for the camera. But
still I got some decent recordings. after reviewing the calls and comparing
with calls on Peterson guide cell phone app, I thought it had a some quality of
long drawn out call hooo' of Sawhets owl, but I am not yet sure. I will review
it tonight with other Long-eared calls and decide.
I spent 45 minutes listening and it was calling often. Finally, I got tired as
it was nearing 11.00 PM, I decided to go home after listening for other things
along the Dodge Road, mostly peeper.

Cheers
Meena