Steve Fast wrote:

> Excellent.  That would be Trail Y-1 in the area of a blowdown a number of
> years ago.  Canada warblers and winter wrens should be there also.

Winter wren was there, singing and popping up briefly to be seen by some of the
~20 participants of today's CBC field trip. Some also saw the mourning warbler.
Nearby was one of at least three Blackburnians seen in various spots along our
hike.

Other highlights of the trip include looks at magnolia, yellow-rumped singing
two-part song that I initially thought was nashville, black-throated blue; a
broad-winged hawk that flew in close and landed in a tree for a while; a ruffed
grouse observed by some flying away; and to cap the day echoes of "who cooks
for you" from the woods to the east, with hints of a more distant response from
another barred owl.

Suan