This afternoon at the Montezuma visitor center we had our FOY Least
Flycatcher and Cerulean Warbler. 2 Black Terns were hunting Tschache Pool.
Thanks to those who gave the info about the Wilson's Phalarope at Carncross
Road to Judy at the visitor center we spent more time searching through the
corn stalks and found this beautiful breeding female bird among a dozen
Lesser Yellowlegs. About 30 American Pipits and a Vesper Sparrow were
nearby. A larger flock of Yellowlegs that included a couple Greaters flew up
farther back and landed hidden in the corn stubble so hope the phalarope
stays up front.  Mike and Joann Tetlow

  _____

.

Try a free scan!