Was in a tree near the canal boat tie up on  the Seneca Trail off of Wildlife
Drive at 3pm this afternoon. It was quite active and flew across to trail side
and was sitting in a tree right near the trail. Beautiful bird and worth the
trip. I was doing a Northern Harrier survey for the refuge and there were many
shorebirds on the draining Main Pool. Least Sandpiper and Dunlin many
Yellowlegs and Spotted Sandpipers I’m sure there was much more but it was
raining and I was looking for Harriers. Also Cerulean Warbler singing near the
tower for the Main pool and one seen on Seneca Trail. Good Birding, Janet Akin