Thanks Dave,

In my haste I posted to Cayuga RBA but not the listserv. I heard the
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER from the trail in Fuertes Bird Sanctuary on the Stewart
Park side (thinking that's where I would have the best chance of finding it),
but it was singing clearly from across Fall Creek on the golf course — where I
could have driven right up to it.

There was also one Western PALM WARBLER at the Swan Pen at Stewart Park, with
about 10 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS — these were all feeding on an emergence of
mayflies, but there were no other migrants around.

I did dawn at Myer's Point, but no shorebirds on the spit or birds moving by —
except an adult FORSTER'S TERN that floated slowly north on a piece of wood
near the middle of the lake. A single female RED-BREASTED MERGANSER was off the
north point — interesting that there is often one female RBME here in May and
June, and this one was definitely associating with a male COMMON MERGANSER and
even calling back and forth (the Red-breasted doing a very strange call I have
not heard before). I wonder if hybridization is known between these two species?

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology