The Hawthorns were quiet, but the MOURNING WARBLER was singing at the end of the ravine near the pond near the field with the fire hydrant when I arrived at 7:45. It stopped by 8:00. Aside from the usual breeders, there were two TENNESSEE WARBLERS singing and two BLACKPOLL WARBLERS, one singing but invisible moving along the ravine from northeast to southwest and then toward the recreation way. The other was very cooperative in the flowering trees in front of the tennis center.

Near the ponds on Neimi Road I heard both WILLOW FLYCATCHER (from the ponds) and ALDER FLYCATCHER (a little west of the ponds, from the other side of the road). An Eastern Bluebird perched on the fence along with the swallows.

Anne Marie Johnson