Just a quick note to report that there was a significant but brief flight of
Black-billed Cuckoos last night (5-6 June). Unfortunately, I was unable to
start recording and listening until after 11:05pm, so I am nearly certain that
I missed several cuckoos. Between 11:17pm and 2:02am, a total of 13 distinctly
different calling Black-billed Cuckoos flew over Etna, NY.

Another really nice surprise was a single call note (not song) from an ACADIAN
FLYCATCHER.

Only other birds were: 1 Swainson's Thrush, 1 Willow Flycatcher, 1 warbler
downsweep, 1 Green Heron, and a single unidentified but loud Vireo-like call.
This was only during that 2 hr 45 minute span. After 2:02pm, it's as if the
migration faucet shut right down, probably because of the rain to the South of
us.

Results are from a quick hand-browsing of data, over the course of about 45
minutes just now.

Good night-listening!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H