Tilden and I made a quick stop at MNWR yesterday on the way to the NYS
Thruway.  At Tschache Pool, looking more carefully than we did the other
day, we found several BLACK TERNS (life bird for T) with many CASPIAN TERNS
far out at the back end of the pool.  The Black Terns were flying mostly
rather low.  We also heard a WILLOW FLYCATCHER at North Spring Pool, also a
year bird for Tilden.  We looked casually from the parking lot for the
Little Blue Heron here, but did not find it.  We skipped other parts of the
refuge and wetland complex.

The annual "50-mile garage sale" is being held this weekend along Route 90
from Homer through Cayuga.  People heading to MNWR from Ithaca should either
plan on a very slow drive or seek an alternate route.

Mark Chao