Hi all,

I had time to kill and a car to travel, so decided I will go to look for Black
Vultures. So from 4.00 ish to 5.10 PM I spent scanning each and every vulture I
could see.  There were quite a few on a tree, many scattered along the field or
fence posts and as many as 40 circling over the Mount Pleasant hill.

I first saw one dark smallish vulture (looked almost half size of TV) on the
tree sleeping, so I kept watching it every now and then to see if it wakes up.
Finally it woke up and I could see  its red head. I am surprised at the size
variation among the turkey vultures.

Then another very dark small individual sitting in the field, I thought could
be a Black Vulture, but it also turned out to be a TV. So finally I never got
to see a Black Vulture. I watched all of them from Stevenson Road.

But the weather was pleasant and beautiful Turkey Vultures  with their glossy
under side of the wings made my day! So easily and effortlessly they float in
the sky!

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850