Just a heads-up that there may be a notable movement of birds southward from
Canada and other areas to the North of us. If anyone wants to try for it, there
could be a good thrush descent between about 5:40am and 6:00am, with the bulk
occurring around 5:50-5:55am. As the thrushes descend from migration into
nearby forests, their calling rates pick up significantly for a brief period of
time (5-10+ minutes).

I'm already hearing (recording) birds over Etna, NY. I've heard MANY Green
Herons (kyowp! calls), a Bay-breasted Warbler (ID by spectrogram), and a nice
classic Veery.

If there is a good descent, I would expect there to be some cleanup of Veeries
and Wood Thrushes (departing our region), but with the bulk of the calls being
those of Swainson's Thrushes (which sound like spring peepers in the sky). The
scattered descent from this morning held a single Gray-cheeked Thrush among the
Swainson's Thrushes and Veeries.

Good luck and good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H