This morning I noticed a screech-owl face in my owl box while eating my
breakfast. I check the box every day and usually there is nothing there, maybe
a flicker or titmouse if I'm lucky. But if I recall correctly, this is the time
of year they start to roost in the box again.

Speaking of owl boxes, the Conservation Action Committee and Lansing Pathways
will be installing 2 owl boxes and 2 kestrel boxes (same style box, different
habitat) as part of the Salt Point and Lansing Center Trail nest box trails, in
addition to small songbird boxes. There could potentially be more opportunities
to spot small raptors on these trails, if they're successful. I invite anyone
not going on the CBC field trip to join us at Salt Point in Lansing this
Saturday, 9am-"until done", to help install these nesting boxes. One benefit is
that you will know the exact location of the owl boxes, should you ever want to
check them.

Best,
Robyn Bailey
Lansing