Following the thread about spooking birds, I would also like to ask birders to
follow the traffic laws when on a Federal Wildlife Refuge. As I left the Ibises
at Benning about 8:30 AM, another vehicle began to follow me out, only to turn
around and drive the wrong way back to Benning Marsh so that he could take
photos from the driver side of his car (while facing the oncoming traffic).
It’s behavior like this that results in more restrictions and areas being
closed to all visitors.

Besides for the Ibises, a large variety of ducks are present along the wildlife
drive (most in the cattails of the main pool). A very large number of Rusty &
RW Blackbirds are around South Spring Pool as well as numerous YR Warblers.

Sent from Windows Mail