Not much shaking at Stewart Park this morning in the rain. Ruddy Ducks are
up to 72 birds off the east end, and Buffleheads at least 12, but I wasn't
able to find any scoters offshore (all three species were seen from East
Shore Park yesterday morning.) I did spot a few shorebirds on the red
lighthouse jetty, a yellowlegs and several smaller shorebirds that I
thought might be peeps. Since it's getting late for any of the smaller
shorebirds, I decided to take a very wet jog out to the white lighthouse
for a closer look (this is what I did last week to confirm the Pectoral and
Dunlin on the jetty as well.) Alas, the yellowlegs turned out to be a
GREATER YELLOWLEGS and the smaller birds were only 9 DUNLIN, foraging all
along the jetty. Still, it was cool to see that many shorebirds at the
South End.

-Jay

--
Jay McGowan