I felt lazy today; it's also cold, so I went to the center of the large
field across from my house to see what might go over.  It's also south of
Mt. Pleasant, so anything over there has got to come my way, just higher.  I
had put in enough time so that my thoughts were dwelling on a big, hot bowl
of soup, when I noted a dark speck to the north.  I watched this for some
time, until it came close enough to become a RAVEN.  Normally I don't bother
looking to the south, why would I, but since I had spent a lot of viewing
time on the raven, I glanced back and up and there, just passing directly
overhead was another dark form.  I needed only binocs to see this was an
adult GOLDEN EAGLE.  I did get it in the scope, but that's a hard angle.  So
I just watched it circling slowly until it vanished in the direction of
Pennsylvania.  I hung out for another half hour, seeing 1 RED-TAILED HAWK,
and a few more CANADA GOOSE flocks, then headed for the soup.

Steve Fast