From: bounce-110892864-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-110892864-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher Wood
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:59 PM
To: Jay McGowan
Cc: CAYUGABIRDS-L; oneidabi...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Montezuma ibises

I think there have been at least two different White-faced Ibis at Montezuma
this fall. A 1st-year bird that was found on the 17th and was seen daily
through the 22nd. Starting the 23rd, I believe only the 1st-year Glossy Ibis
was seen until the 27th. On the 27th, "The" White-faced Ibis appeared again --
the only problem is that this individual looks completely different and appears
to be a 2nd-year bird.

Here is a photo of the first bird (1st-year). Note the relatively uniform
appearance:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68672476@N00/10392659105/in/photolist-gQn6tF-gQo4XR-gQnbEw-gQnc5a

The second individual, apparently a second-year bird, looks very different.
Note the contrast between the wing coverts and scapulars.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seabamirum/10876310134/

I think Andy Guthrie was the first to bring this to our attention.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Wood

eBird & Neotropical Birds Project Leader
Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York
http://ebird.org
http://neotropical.birds.cornell.edu

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Jay McGowan