There is no such thing as "recrudescent" behavior in birds, that is, behavior
that normally develops in the spring that reappears in the fall when the day
lengths match.  That's not how it works.  Bird gonad growth and the
accompanying breeding behavior is stimulated by the CHANGE in daylight length,
not the actual length of the day itself.

So, think again about what you're seeing and why.  Faint, inexpert singing by
migrants in the fall comes from hatch-year birds that are working to "practice"
and crystalize their songs.  Winter songs can be the same thing (crows do this
too; I watched a hatch-year crow going through all the vocalizations just
yesterday), or, as in Northern Mockingbirds or Eastern Screech-Owls, they serve
the same function as spring songs: keeping others out of their (winter)
territory.

Ducks actually form mating pairs on the wintering grounds, so lots of species
are starting to do courtship displays right now.

Concentrated food sources, such as feeders, often brings out aggression among
flocking birds.

Birds do a number of interesting and unexpected things.  They do make mistakes,
but there usually is a functional explanation to most bird behavior that is
appropriate for the time and context.

Best,

Kevin