By the way, the Lott Farm is on the NE corner of NYS-414 and Martin Road. Martin Road is the southern boundary of Seneca Falls township and the northern boundary of Fayette township. The Lott Farm is known in spring and summer as the most reliable location in our area for Upland Sandpipers as well as other field birds. Although the land is used for a few days for the Empire State Farm Days agricultural fair, it is private. Please ask permission if you want to enter it (315-568-9501). When I've asked, I have found them to be gracious, asking for a vehicle description and asking that vehicles stay on the gravel roads. I haven't asked to enter in winter. One can also scan some from Martin Road near the gates. A short distance east of the Lott Farm is the Finger Lakes Regional Airport.

The T at the east end of Martin Road is the north-south road called Cosad Road in Seneca Falls township and Seyboldt Road in Fayette township. Seyboldt Road can also be reached from NYS-89 by going west on Cemetery Road (which can have good birding) just north of the hamlet of Canoga, or west on Canoga Street in downtown Canoga. Seyboldt Road is known in the warm season for a series of (former?) bait ponds on the east side between those two roads.

The open fields in this whole area can be good for Snowy Owls and other field birds.
--Dave Nutter