From: bounce-112540398-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-112540398-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Carl Steckler
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 4:14 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Article about great lakes freezing over

With both Miliken Station ( or what ever it is called now) and the Cornell lake
source cooling adding warm water it almost impossible for the lake to
completely freeze over, there will always be some open water. It really is just
a matter of how much. Also for the record, having lived in the area except from
1966- 1972, since 1948 and  I have never seen the lake completely freeez over
even in the mid 1980s when we had -20 weather for two weeks.

Besides, were supposed to be having "Global Warming" aren't we? :?) Carl
Steckler