My friend, Marc Keane, just established this memorial website in honor of
his dad, early CLO sound-recording pioneer, Peter Keane, who passed away
recently--just a days shy of his 104th birthday. Peter was an undergrad at
Cornell, and a student of Arthur Allen, and helped develop the parabolic
dish for bird-sound recording. Peter was later an assistant to the amazing
photographer Margaret Bourke-White, and was employed on the sets of both
Gone With the Wind, and The Wizard of Oz. A life well lived!

This note from his son Marc, who lives locally.

*********************
On Friday, February 7th, 2014, my father, M. Peter Keane, passed away after
having lived a full and very long life. He was just a week short of his
104th birthday. To celebrate the many chapters of his life, we have built a
website that records through photographs some of the many things he did and
the people he knew. I hope you will take a look and enjoy some time walking
down Peter's memory lane.

For those of you who have stories of Peter you would like to share, you
will find a page on the site where we are collecting short anecdotes.
Please feel free to contribute yours.

Peter had requested that in lieu of flowers, gifts could be made to
Cornell's Laboratory of Ornithology, of which he was a life-long supporter.
There is more detailed information on the website as well.

The memorial website can be seen here:  http://www.mpeterkeane.net

Marc Keane