Hi all,

I was primarily  interested in seeing Snowy Owls, so I headed to 96a where a
Snowy Owl has been reported as recently as Feb 17. But I did not find it. Along
the route rout 96a from Ovid, I saw a few Red-tails, Am. Crows and a few Horned
Larks along 96 A.  Before Ovid I took 89 and 96 I did not see any birds except
on the lake at south-end.

On the way back I came via  Seybolt Road and did not find any Snowy Owls there
either, but some Horned Larks.

Then I stopped at Sheldrake Park, here I large saw a flock of Greater Scaups, a
few Goldeneyes, a few Redheads, one female Red-Breasted Merganser (she seemed
to be one her own close to the houses and seemed injured), and one Red-necked
Grebe.

Then along the Sheldrake shores there were lots of Canada Geese and some more
Scaups, Ring-necked Duck and a few Canavasbacks. A flock of Canada Geese took
to flight among them there was one very small goose probably a Cackling Goose.
Also there was a single Pied-billed Grebe on its own feeding actively.

Then I stopped at south-end of Cayuga Lake the usual ducks and Mergansers were
seen, nothing special, no scoters.

On the way somewhere near first Trumansburg turn off, I saw Rough-legged Hawk.

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850

42.429007,-76.47111