Ah, I should have looked at the Lab's page on Carolina Wrens first:  says there
they don't migrate at all and stay paired all year.  Funny I haven't noticed in
the winter the countersinging they do all the time in the spring.  Alicia
Plotkin tells me that hers do that in the winter too.  Anyway, my two must be a
pair.

--John