Dave Nutter and I went up the lake starting around 12:15. Our stops were the
Ithaca Marina (or boat club), Taughannock Park (north side) and Sheldrake.  We
saw all ducks, except for Northern Shoveler and any teal. No rarities. Dave
found White-winged Scoters at Taughannock and Sheldrake. A single Ruddy Duck
was seen at Sheldrake. Of note, there were many gulls at the north end of
Taughannock plus one Red-necked Grebe that Dave viewed far north. One last
thing, at Taughannock we saw many Red-breasted Mergansers and also at
Sheldrake. Personally, I have never seen them in those numbers!

Dave, if I missed something, please post it. All athyas were in abundance.

Forgot to mention- we also saw 4 Bald Eagles at the Marina- two adults and two
juveniles.  We saw the nest north of Glen Wood Pines, but no eagles present. My
hunch is that they were on the ice, but...
Good birding, Ann

Sent from my iPhone