Perhaps we all should have known that yesterday, with south winds in early March, would be a big day for migrating Golden Eagles, but I wish the word had gotten out at the time.
--Dave Nutter

Begin forwarded message:

From: ebird-al...@cornell.edu
Date: March 07, 2014 10:15:16 PM
To: nutter.d...@mac.com
- Golden Eagle (6 reports)
Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (11)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 08:00 by Andrew Dreelin
- Cornell University--Libe Slope, Tompkins, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.44786,-76.48595&ll=42.44786,-76.48595
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17350681
- Comments: "*High Count; first at ~8:30, last at ~3:10; almost all following similar flight line heading up basin and then cutting east (over Willard Straight from our view). Most appeared to be adults or near-adults, but at least one with moderate white patches in wings and base of tail"

Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (11)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 08:00 by Luke Seitz
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17346929
- Comments: "*High Count; first at ~8:30, last at ~3:10; almost all following similar flight line heading up basin and then cutting east (over Willard Straight from our view). Most appeared to be adults or near-adults, but at least one with moderate white patches in wings and base of tail"

Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (3)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 08:00 by Luke Seitz
- Cornell University--Libe Slope, Tompkins, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.44786,-76.48595&ll=42.44786,-76.48595
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17346735
- Comments: "First at 8:31 (adult), second at 8:45 (adult) appeared north of where the previous bird had headed east, and third at 9:47--this one seemed to have some white on the upperwing."

Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (3)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 08:00 by Ben Barkley
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17343851
- Comments: "First at 8:31 (adult), second at 8:45 (adult) appeared north of where the previous bird had headed east, and third at 9:47--this one seemed to have some white on the upperwing."

Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (1)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 06:30 by David Weber
- Cornell University--Palmer Woods, Tompkins, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.4587593,-76.4791048&ll=42.4587593,-76.4791048
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17343626
- Comments: "Flew right over the disc golf course heading toward Bluegrass Lane. Campus bird."

Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) (1)
- Reported Mar 07, 2014 12:37 by Tim Lenz
- Sunset Park, Tompkins, New York
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.45875,-76.49325&ll=42.45875,-76.49325
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S17344577
- Comments: "Adult to SW at 12:47"