Meg and I drove up to Oswego to see if we could find the Harlequin Duck reported there on the Oswego River. We did find the Harlequin and much much more. We also found Long-tailed Ducks, Buffelheads, Redheads, Common Mergansers, Red-breasted Mergansers, Common Goldeneye, White-winged Scoters, Greater Scaup and Mallards.

The best part other than seeing the Harlequin, which may have been ill, was the fact that most of these birds would fly up river and then come down with the current only to fly up again and again. It was like an endless parade of close up viewing and great photos. For Meg a life bird, the Harlequin. For me this weekend brought 2 life birds, the Harlequin and the Red-breasted Merganser.
What beautiful day and a great trip.

Carl Steckler