I wonder when we are going to get the bulk of our snow geese migration?  E-bird
data shows
that most of the snow geese are still in southeast PA, NJ and the Delmarva
Peninsula.
Weather-wise I don't see any  prolonged mild southwest winds at least for
another week...
possibly longer. I wonder if they will come in a couple large waves or just in
dribs and drabs as we
do get occasional days of south winds in the next week but it won't be that
mild. Not like today.
This also goes for the thousands of canada geese that we usually get for a few
days. We are
already pretty late. When this winter weather finally breaks, will there be a
massive migration
that comes through really quick? It is been so long that we had a cold winter
like this so I am not sure
what to expect.  Anyone remember the winter of 1993-94 which was comparable to
this winter
as far as the Great Lakes ice and cold?

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:08 PM, Anne Marie Johnson